£6.50 per hour
40 hours per week
This restaurant has earned a stunning reputation for both its fresh, seasonal and locally sourced menu, outstanding levels of service and quality. As the business continues to grow, we are looking for Commis Chefs who are passionate about food and where and how it is produced.
You will be working with a small, intimate, capable team, who are equally passionate about their work, The business and driving performance.
As Commis Chef, you'll carry out a range of basic food preparation, knife skills and cooking methods under the supervision of a Chef de Partie. You will rotate through sections such as garnish, starters, pastry, grill and pass. You will gain a vast knowledge of these sections and find an area in which you are keen to specialise.
This is a great opportunity for a Commis Chef to work in our new restaurant and help it become one of the most successful restaurants in Bath and it offers an exciting opportunity of career progression in the near future.
The ideal candidate for this position will;
• Have a good basic knowledge and understanding of culinary skills
• Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a professional kitchen
• Be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service
• Be performance driven and detail orientated
• Have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Work well in a team and help to drive performance and standards in the restaurant
• Be flexible with regards to hours, you will be required to work early shifts, evenings and weekends
• Have excellent self-presentation
• Be able to communicate well and have a good command of the English language
• Have a genuine passion for food and fresh ingredients
• Be willing to learn new and exciting things and to develop your career and skills
• Hold a basic knowledge of Food Hygiene
What we offer:
· Competitive hourly rates
· Staff Discount
· Food safety and hygiene training
· Free meals (On Shift)
· Development and promotion opportunities
If you are reliable, keen to progress your career and passionate about the business of food, please apply using the link provided. We will require recent employment references so include these on your CV but will only contact these if you are successful.
Interviews will commence immediately
CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org